Marketed in the 1950’s as the gray cricket, the Acheta domesitcus is actually brown in color. It has been approved by the FDA as a safe reptile food and can be shipped worldwide. These original crickets were readily requested by zoos, fishermen, and pet owners because of several traits:
* Easily digestible because of the soft exoskeleton
* Desired aroma – preferred among herps
* Nutritional content – has what predators need
* Activity level – makes mealtime a fun experience for the pets
* Gentleness – doesn’t bite
There are no reviews yet.